Building of the Courthouse and an attached Post Office began in 1873 and was completed in 1875. On January 24th,1908 the Post Office was destroyed by fire and the Courthouse was badly damaged. The building were rebuilt as stand alone buildings. In 1915 additions were completed to the now separate Courthouse. The Courthouse was in active use until its closure in 1983. The building remained empty for the next four years. In April 1987 a community group was formed to secure funding to open a Community House in the disused building. The Old Courthouse Community Centre was Officially opened on March 4th 1989.
The Old Courthouse Community Centre is proudly supported by volunteer staff whose services are invaluable to the day-to-day running of the Centre." We supply variety of services for the community of Casterton and District.
Phone: (03) 55812139 Fax: (03) 55812296